Can't Crush This!

Saturday night, I tried really hard to get a group for Heroics. I just needed two badges to get my Libram of Repentance.

It was really hard to get a group together as most people were doing other things. My buddy Bacon was on, but I really didn't want to ask him. He gets so many people asking/begging him to heal their runs, that I kind of wanted to give him a break.

I finally had to go to a former guildy (Mareck) to heal for a Heroic Slave Pens run. It was Me (Prot Paladin), Wichita (Elemental Shaman), Brambles (Arcane Mage), Mareck (Holy Paladin) and Zadorr (Feral Druid). We did every well. Slave Pens is much nicer with a little CC. I switched out to healer gear for the last boss as its easier to do with two healers especially if your main healer is a Paladin. Of course, he didn't drop the belt I wanted, but that wasn't a big concern. I got my badges.

I went to Shattrath and purchased my Libram of Repentance. I fired up the TankPoints calculator and started swapping pieces of gear in and out. Finally I arrived at a set of gear that gave me 10.5k hitpoints and 102.5% combined avoidance/mitigation (block, parry, dodge, miss) taking my Crushing Blow pecentage to 0.

UNCRUSHABLE!

That's what I am. A major, major goal complete. I was really excited. I felt like a truly capable tank. All the effort and time I had put in paid off and I was ready to stand before any boss in Kara.

I'm also getting really close to being able to pay back the guildy who lent me the gold to buy the Solid Star of Elune recipie on the Auction House. The Solid Stars have been in a bit of a freefall as of late. When I bought the recipie, Solid Stars were going for 80g, now they are down below 50g. Perhaps the recipie isn't as rare as I thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation