PeeVeePee

Last night was a PVP night for Honors. It started with a game of WSG with Heroes. WSG can be a tough battleground for even the best group. The biggest problem I have with it, is that its more like Baseball than the other battleground.

In Football or Basketball, you've got a clock. Barring an overtime situation, the game is going to end within some fairly regular time frame. Baseball does not have a clock. It has innings which are only progressed by getting outs.

In the same way, WSG is only progressed by capturing flags. The other battlegrounds have points you hold or that your opponent holds. These essentially become a clock. Every second of the game, one team or the other is gaining points towards the total they need. The game is going to end within some fairly regular time frame. WSG can go super quick or take forever.

I'm a healer in Battlegrounds, but I also make a very good flag holder. I have more hit points in my tank gear than just about anyone save a Prot Warrior or a Bear Form druid, and even then its a matter of gear.

We won the only match I was in. Honor, Marks, and fun with friends.

Then I had to duck out to get my games in with my Arena team, MewMewPewPewAndABubble.

The team has grown to 8 people and its main purpose is just to get people some points for the week.

We started out really well with Me (Prot Paladin), Rhubarb (Holy Paladin), Origami (Feral Druid), Jagdelf (BM Hunter), and Wichita (Elemental Shaman).

After 5 games we switched out Origami for Zadorr (another Feral Druid). We were really well at that point and feeling pretty good about ourselves. Feral Druids are just amazing for locking down enemy Healers, especially Paladins.

After the next 5 Jag had to go so we put in DarkDescent, a Warlock.

We wound up doing 15 games and I believe our record was around 6-9.

I know Rhubarb and DarkDescent are still in something of "gear up" phase, and I think Dark may have been having an off night, kind of like I did when I tried to run Heroic Mana Tombs.

We do present some very good focus fire targets to the opposing team. Shamans, Hunters, Druids, and Warlocks can all be good focus fire targets. Rhubarb and I can heal through the damage sometimes, and that usually helps.

Basically the start of the fight is an intense war of healing to see if we can keep the focus fire target up. While Rhubarb and I are spamming heals, the other dps has to get us a numbers advantage by destroying their dps, while the Feral Druid locks up their Healer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do with my points. Basically do I buy another piece of Armor, or stockpile the points for a weapon or even start stockpiling for Season 3?

Comments

Bacon said…
Honors, I am in the same quagmire with points as you are. The new season will start in another 6-7 weeks. I should have enough for the phat healing mace by then, but do I keep them for the next season? Choices, choices, choices.

I did manage to have enough honor for my bracers. So I got the 3 Veteran "b's" - belt, boots, bracers.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation