Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rest In Peace and Thank You

I was saddened to hear about the recent passing of Gary Gygax.
For those of you who may not know the name, he was the co-creator of the Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Game.
I spent many an evening playing D&D through my early teens and into my late 20s. D&D's popularity spawned several other RPGs in both tabletop and computer games. Who could forget Traveller, or Paladium, or RIFTS, or Omega Code.
I remember playing Pools of Radiance for hours and hours on my 486DX in college, or the Baldur's Gate series just a couple of years ago.
In fact, you could even say that WoW is a further extension of that line.
I was already a Star Wars fan when I was introduced to D&D, and I was hooked almost immediately. My journey to the Geekside was complete.
Thank you for your creation, Mr. Gygax. Rest in peace.
Post a Comment