They Did It!

I took last night off WoW to spend time with my family, and I missed Dominion's kill of Archimonde. I bet the celebration in vent was awesome. I would have loved to have been there, but Archi isn't going anywhere. There will be another night to kill him.
The good news is they got him. Hopefully, one week I can get in on the raid that kills Archimonde so I have a shot at my Tier 6 helm and perhaps the Shield as well.
I'm really unsure what to do about the three Shield upgrades in my immediate future. Kaz'Rogal's Hardened Heart is the most tank specific one, and it's the only one with Defense. Antonida's Aegis of Rapt Concentration (from Archimonde) is really light in the stamina department, but has the most armor and spell damage. Illidari Runeshield (from BT Trash) has the same armor, and block as the Hard Heart, but gives up Hit for spell damage. The Hard Heart also sports a gem slot, which could push it even higher in the stamina department. The Aegis is the best shield in the game for an Elemental Shaman. Out of the three, I think the Runeshield is the one I'd use most often, and I'd break out the Hard Heart for bosses.

I should know our raid better, but I don't think we run any Elemental Shamans. If we do have a regular raiding Elemental Shaman, they should get the Aegis before I do. If all our Shamans are Resto, I'll DKP it and not ask for Tank priority on it. I want priority on the Runeshield. I'll also ask for the next Hard Heart that drops from Kaz.
I don't know if Tempest of Chaos dropped for our locks.

I have a feeling we might take a week or two off of Mount Hyjal, but that's just speculation. I'd wager the core team is pretty tired of it after focusing it for a couple of weeks. We can start moving on to other bosses and moving into Black Temple and perhaps even get another Kael kill. Whatever target Vlad (GM/RL of Dominion) calls, I'll be ready.
On a totally unrelated to WoW note, a friend of mine recently lent a book to me called "Wild At Heart" by a man named John Eldredge. It's a book that examines the 'deep heart' of a man. It gives insight into what every man seeks to be, what every man was meant to be.
I'm only through chapter 4, and I'm really enjoying it. I recommend it for both women and men. For women, it's a way of understanding the men in your life in a way you may have never before and for men, it's an invitation to be wild, passionate, and free.

Comments

Bacon said…
Wild at Heart is a great book. Our Men's Study group has been reading it. Don't worry, I'll wait till your done to say anything else.
ComputerSherpa said…
Wild at Heart is indeed an excellent book. Once you're through with it, you should read Waking the Dead by the same author, which is like Wild at Heart but more so, if you can believe that.
Ofn said…
Wild at Heart is a really good book. I know we don't really know each other, but I'd love to hear what you think when you're done with it.

And grats to Dominion re: Archimonde!
Darraxus said…
Congrats on you guild downing Archimonde. We are probably going to be taking our first looks at Azgalor this weekend. I love the blog, so keep up the good work (from a fellow tank).

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation