Blood Boiled Again

I took Wednesday off as is my custom, though I did log on briefly to do some dailies on the Isle of Quel’Danas and to make some Health and Mana potion injectors for the raid.

Thursday, I was on the wait list as Dominion killed Archimonde once again. I’ve killed the guy twice and anything I would loot from him would be offspec stuff. It’s not a fight I enjoy a great deal since I don’t have an active tanking role in it. To be honest, I was glad to be doing dailies rather than fighting Archimonde.

After Archimonde, Dominion was going after Bloodboil. They had killed Najentus, Supremus and Shade of Akama already. I whispered my raid leader, asking for a spot against Bloodboil. I know we have great team of tanks including Warriors, Druids, and Paladins in Dominion. Any combination of our tanks is more than capable of killing Bloodboil. I asked to come because the fight is fun for me, and there is a bit a loot I’d like to see him drop (yes, I’m talking about you, Girlde of Mighty Resolve).

It took a couple of tries to get the Bloodboil rotation down again. We ran this time with only 8 heals. Our first kill had included 10 healers.

Those 8 guys did a tremendous job. If I was a healer, I would either hate or relish the Bloodboil fight. I would relish it from the perspective that it is a healing intensive fight, and I would hate it for the same said reason.

The problem that I’m running into on Gurtogg is getting burst down on a switch. I don’t keep Holy Shield running at all times, so usually that first or second hit from Bloodboil will be a nasty crush. On more than one attempt, I spent about half the attempt inspecting the cold, wet floor of Bloodboil’s room.

(I really don't want to know why Bloodboil's floor is wet. I'm just going to assume it's unnaturally damp in the place.)

Just like our first kill, it was another 1% nail biter.

The healing belt dropped, which I won after all 8 healers passed on it, but when I got back to Shattrah I couldn’t find it in my bags anywhere. We had forgotten to set Master Loot, so I had ‘Needed’ it. I thought it would go into my Bags, but something went wrong and it didn’t. A GM offered to restore it for me, but it would have cost me a limited restoration, so I opted against it.

I have no idea what happened.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what the heck is a limited restoration and why didn't you get your belt?
Honors Code said…
I didn't get my belt because I was noob and didn't realize I had to pick it up off the body.

A limited restoration is when Blizzard gives you back something you accidently sold to a vendor or didn't get looted right. The GM explained to me that you only have a limited number of restorations they can do per account. It wasn't worth it to use one on the belt.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation