No Raid

I logged in last night knowing that we were taking the night off of Raiding.

My first goal for the night was to get the mats to have a guidmate make me a Relentless Earthstorm Diamond. After today's maintenance, I can purchase the Vengeful Gladiator's Scaled Helm and I will need the Diamond for the meta slot.

After I got that out of the way, I took a quick flight through Nagrand, doing the Shattered Sun Daily and looking for Mote Clouds.

I checked around with Dominion, Heroes Inc and Mal Katai, but no PVP groups were going, so I decided to dive in solo. I was about 4k honor short of being able to get the Season 2 Two Handed Mace. Somehow I managed to lose 4 straight Alterac Valley matches.

About this time, I received a tell from Sevenn, an old friend in Heroes Inc. He was trying to put together a Heroic Mana Tombs run to complete a quest he had gotten, and was looking for a tank. He managed to find a Priest, who was the alt of a Hunter from Mal Katai, and a DPS from Dominion. An unguilded Rogue filled out the party. The Rogue made it on my friend's list. I love the ability to add comments to friends.

So here I was in a PuG with Heroes Inc, the first guild on AoS I ditched, and Mal Katai, the second guild on AoS I ditched, and Dominion, my current guild. I was a little nervous as we made our way to the instance. No one said anything negative to me, in fact, everyone was super cool. You won't find nicer people than those in Mal Katai and Heroes Inc.

I had expected an experience like my Heroic Slave Pens run. Run in, drop a Consecrate, Holy Shield and shred the place. That's not exactly how it went down.

Mana Tombs is filled with casters, and it seemed like the Healer had a little bit of a challenge keeping my dwarf body vertical. He seemed to be using Greater Heal and Prayer of Mending. Other priests I've run with seem to use more Flash Heal. I don't know the first thing about playing a Priest, so I don't know which way is better.

We had a couple of wipes, mostly from overpulling, but we managed to down all the Bosses in one shot. The last boss was a very close call. Our Priest was out of mana, and had used his Shadow Fiend and a Potion, but the boss was still at 20%. I left my finger over my Lay On Hands button, but I didn't need it. We managed to kill the boss with me at 10% life.

After we killed Prince, we were able to do the quest for Sevenn. This involved summoning a two headed dog named Yor.
Yor is pretty much a tank and spank . Periodically, he will do a fire breath attack. Once I saw it, I turned him away from the group. He was pretty much a tank and spank and felt pretty easy compared to the epic battle we had just won against Prince.


I wouldn't say I'm just dying to run the place again. However, I did manage to hit Exalted with Consortium. I need to fly up to Netherstorm and buy the recipe for Renlentless Earthstorm Diamond. I'd like to try to get Exalted with a couple of more factions before Lich King hits.

We should get the Raid train rolling again tonight, and I am really looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation