Mini Post for Mini Patch

Patch 3.2.2 is finally here. This will open up the next area of Ice Crown Citadel, which is the 'Frost' wing. Here we will face off with one of the most unique raid encounters yet seen Valithria Dreamwalker.

If you aren't familiar, this is a Boss where you have to heal her to full before your raid is overwhelmed with Adds. I'm going to see if I can talk Blueshield (our 3rd tank) into tanking so I can break out the Holy set for this fight. Bombing away with Holy Lights should be a big help to my raid. I can hit 18k Holy Light crit in Prot Spec/Holy Gear. I can't imagine what that'll be when I'm actually Holy. Of course, in that Prot Spec/Holy Gear, I can only cast about 4 of those bad boys before I'm OOM.

We'll also have a new Boss to play with in VoA, Toravon the Ice Watcher. It's the best shot at T10 without spending your Emblems of Frost.

There are more nerfs to Heroic 5 man dungeons. I particular like the line about Brann working out to run faster in Halls of Stone. Paladins who prefer to do the smashing rather than taking it will find a new rep ring from the Ashen Verdict loaded with the Strength you love so much.

Remember that today the armor changes to the offset and tier pieces go into effect. We should see the final stats of the 264 items that we've only been able to guess at, and we can make an analysis of the pieces of wear. I'm saving up for the Gauntlets of the Kraken. I'd also like to buy my Tier 10 Shoulders, as I think I'm about the only Paladin on my server without them. I'm close to getting enough Emblems off the alt crew to get the Saronites for the Boots of Kingly Upheaval. That will take care of the last of my 232 pieces I have on me and then I can start the long haul for the 'Cat' (Cataclysmic Chestguard).

I'm sure the Druids and Shamans are thrilled with their buffs. I think it's all good news for Locks, too, but I don't know much about that class. Look high and low, but you will see nary a word about Paladins. That's just fine by me. We're in a pretty good spot right now and we should enjoy it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
One thing they did that wasn't in the notes was to change the Halls of Reflection encounter with the Lich King. Parties can no longer trail behind him, but must be infront at all times or die.

In the past this encounter was trivial. I found out in a random pug last night that its now very dps dependant.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation