Auchindoun

I started by my making some minor changes to the Garrison. I swapped my Barracks for a War Mill. The War Mill is one of the buildings I planned for my max level Garrison. It provides "a better chance for quest rewards to get a rare or epic upgrade and it increases the potency of the upgrade." Thank you Wowhead! I also swapped my Lumber Mill for a Trading Post.

Once I got back into the field, one of my first jobs was cleansing the Tomb of Lights. There was a similar quest in the Tomb of Light in Burning Crusade. I'm not sure what it is about the Tomb of Lights that attracts the bad guys, but if you ever find yourself working as a Vindicator and you get assigned to the Tomb of Lights, ask for a transfer post haste!

That led to a series of quests chasing down Teron'gor, one of the Gul'dan's lieutenants. If I don't miss my guess, this Teron'gor is none other than Teron Gorefiend, one of the bosses in the Burning Crusade's Black Temple raid.



I chased Teron'gor through a couple of portals. One of them left me on the ruins of a world called Xandros. I was greeted by a Pit Lord with the title Destroyer of Xandros. Apparently, this was a world the Burning Legion had already consumed.



I was able to take down the Pit Lord with the help of Vindicator Maladaar and Lady Liadrin. I thought it odd for a the Blood Elves and the Draenai to be working together, but the Draenai of Draenor don't know anything about the factional lines back on Azeroth. The Draenor and Blood Elves did combine their forces to form the Shattered Sun at the end of the Burning Crusade.



Maladaar rocks an ALD (Aldori Legacy Defender), my favorite shield in the game. At least he has good taste.

I thought the angle of enlisting the help of the ghost Ogres was interesting if a little unsettling. One of the quests was to disable a series of towers. I could clearly see the impact of not being able to fly. With flight, I would have flown up to each town and deactivated the Shadow Beacon. Without being able to fly, I had to clear through many mobs to reach the tower and clear more mobs as I ascended the tower.

As a bit of trivia, I discovered that Auchindoun is also the name of a castle in Scotland. I wonder if that is where Blizzard got the name.

I'm still no where near 100. I keep on keeping on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation