[Hearthstone] Defeating Baron Geddon (Normal)

I'm continuing my romp through Hearthstone's Blackrock Mountain adventure. Baron Geddon presents an interesting challenge. Basically, if you have any mana left over at the end of your turn, he gets to activate his Hero power and do 5 damage.

I countered this with a Face Hunter deck with a decent curve. Mulligan into as smooth an early mana curve as you can. Your hero power is a nice mana dump if you need it. Calculate each turn how you will spend your mana, even if means playing a card before you are really ready to. 5 damage over and over will put a hurting on you. I really wanted another Timber Wolf but I couldn't figure out where to put it.

He's got some Molten Giants so hopefully you have some good removal up. My deck isn't heavy on removals.

The trick to Living Bomb is you have to kill that minion that turn before it can go off. You can run him into one of Baron's minions. If he dies that way, the bomb won't go off.

Hunter's Mark x2
Arcane Shot x2
Timber Wolf
Webspinner x2
Explosive Trap x2
Misdirection
Snipe
Scavenging Hyena
Animal Companion x2
Deadly Shot
Kill Command x2
Unleash the Hounds x2
Multi-Shot x2
Houndmaster x2
Lost Tallstrider
Explosive Shot
Starving Buzzard x2
Tundra Rhino x2
Savannah Highmane

I grabbed the screenshot a millisecond too soon.


If the damage to Geddon hadn't been fatal, I would have run the hyena into the Imp Gang to kill him and prevent the bomb from going off. I wouldn't have played the Houndmaster because I would need it next turn and have to hope for another 4 mana card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation