[Hearthstone] Beating Heroic Zinaar

I blew through normal mode of the first wing of the new Hearthstone adventure "League of Explorers" with little difficulty. I thought I would give Heroic a try. Heroic Blackrock Mountain was really tough, in fact, I never got past the Grim Guzzler, but I'm happy to report I managed to defeat the first boss in League of Explorers, Zinaar.

Zinaar ramps by gaining a mana crystal and a card each turn. He also gives you a zero mana spell which uses the new 'Discover' mechanic to give you a minion or a spell card. This adds a significant RNG element to the fight.

The core of my deck is minions that synergize with the free spells he gives you. Mana Wyrm gets buffed, Flamewaker launches misses and Violet Teacher summons tokens. This is important because my deck is a little spell heavy.

Flame on!


Zinaar has several windfury minions that either have to answered immediately or blocked by taunts or freezes. Mirror Entity can be a life saver here, espeically if you 'discover' a 3rd copy in addtion to the two I included. In the event you don't have an answer for a big Windfury minion, I have two Ice Lance and Frostbolts.

If you get offered Mogushun Warden as a 'discover' choice, go with it. Early on in this fight, its just about surviving until you catch up to him in mana crystals.

Phenomenal cosmic powers..... itty bitty living space!


My Deck:

Arcane Missiles x 2
Ice Lance x2
Mirror Image x2
Mana Wyrm x2
Flamecannon x2
Frostbolt x2
Kobold Geomancer x2
Mad Scientist x2
Duplicate x2
Forgotten Torch
Mirror Entity x2
Polymorph Boar
Flamewaker
Polymorph
Violet Teacher x2
Azure Drake
Flamestrike x2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation