[WoW] The Last Night of Warlords

Tonight is the last night before everything changes. I expect the servers will be somewhat unplayable tomorrow. The maintenance for these large patches often gets extended and then when the servers do come up, they can be a little unstable.

In preparation, I've been working on liquidating my Garrisons on my 4 'mains' : Honors, Kishuf, Theogrun and Rophe. I'm keeping more Primal Spirits and Garrison Resources on Honors because I'm still trying to level up his Jewelcrafting. Thank you to everyone on Blade's Edge selling near vendor priced Blackrock Ore. It's making leveling his profession much easier.

Blizzard Watch has a good guide on getting all the gold you can out of your Garrison before the patch. All 4 guys have dozens of Salvage Crates ready to go to unload all that sweet, sweet Transmog gear, but once again, having them scattered all over creation makes it more difficult. If I get a cool Plate item on my Tanaris toons, Honors on Blade's Edge can't use it. If I get anything other than cloth on Kishuf, he might as well sell it, but that's because he's my only Horde toon.

It is the same reason I'm still holding my Level 100 Boost. I'm pretty sure it will be a Monk, although given how ridiculously easy they are to level, I might go with Druid, but then I can't be a Dwarf. I have a max toon of every armor type except for Leather and Rogues and DHs don't appeal to me -- although like everyone else in creation, I'll make a DH, I think I'd have more fun playing a Monk or Druid. The biggest reason I'm holding the Boost is I'm still unsure what server to put him on. I'd love get all my max level toons on one server, well, except for Kishuf. It's just so blasted expensive, and then if anything happens to the guild, I'd have to move again and that's more expensive the more toons I have to move which is the biggest reason they are scattered all over creation to begin with. I know I won't be playing any of my alts anyway once Legion hits until Honors is kitted out for raids, so it doesn't make much sense to spend money to move them now. I'll be starting Legion at least 3 days late after we get back from Disney so there will be plenty of catch up to do.

I've got a Tankadin guide going up on the Blizzard Watch site Soon(TM). I was also asked to fill in for our Ret columnists which led to a marathon session of forums, You Tube and running around Beta as a Retribution. That guide will be up later today on Blizzard Watch.

I'm anticipating most of my addons will break on Patch Day, so I've taken the step of trimming down to a minimum. Auctioneer, Master Plan and DBM are about all I have loaded right now. I'll check on ElvUI after I patch to see what kind of shape it is in.

I've also been working on clearing out my quest log. Most of the quests I had were Lunarfall Inn quests to run various Heroics. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the new combined queues. Each time, I've been grouped with someone from the Latin America servers and while they have been good players, my utter lack of ability to speak their language has made communication difficult. Luckily, but also in some ways unfortunately, you don't need to communicate much to run Heroics in these late days of Warlords of Draenor.

The rest of my quests are all Tanaan. I'd like to keep working on those reputations as I pursue the "Beloved" title.

It feels like we've been waiting on the pre-Patch for a long time, but it is finally here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation