My Dearest Mylra (the Broken Shore and Demon Invasions)

Please note there are major spoilers for the Alliance Broken Shore scenario contained in this blog post.

***SPOILER ALERT***    ***SPOILER ALERT***

The King Returns


My Dearest Mylra,

I’m sure by now, even in Deepholm, you’ve heard of King Magni’s return. While it thrills me to see him moving again, I am relieved he is allowing the Council to remain ruling Ironforge. The last thing this world needs is another War of Three Hammers and you know better than anyone how my heart would be divided in a such a conflict. I could never stand against my fellow Bronzebeards, nor could I take up arms against your Wildhammers. With the Council still in place, it will not look odd or out of place for a Wildhammer and a Bronzebeard to be seen strolling together through the Commons.

It is hard to believe it has been four years since we first met far above the rocky surface of Deepholm. So much has happened in that time: the rediscovered of Pandaria, then the reopening of the Dark Portal and the battle against the Iron Horde and the Fel Horde. I know how angry you were each time I left and you didn’t hold back your elemental fire. All I can tell you is I did it for the good of Azeroth, and to protect the future that I pray to the Light we may one day have together. With Archimonde vanquished atop Hellfire Citadel, I returned to an Azeroth at peace. I even picked out a little spot near Farstrider Lodge on the edge of Loch Modan where we could build a house together. The Tram should be here soon to take me to Stormwind and from there to Deepholm.

I can't wait to see you again.

With all my love,

Theogrun Bronzebard aka Honor's Hammer


The Summons

My Dearest Mylra,

As I got off the Tram, I was handed a summons from Varian Wyrnn, the human king.

The Legion has returned to Azeroth.

A ship to take me to the Broken Isles is already prepared and I must leave at once. My mission to Deepholm, must, once again, wait. My fellow heroes and I will drive the Legion back to the Twisting Nether from whence they came and then you and I shall be together.

With all my love,

Theogrun Bronzebard


Betrayed


My Dearest Mylra,

I write this as we are recovering from the failed assault on the Broken Isles. We have lost so, so much. First, the Legion destroyed Highlord Fordring right before my eyes. The Light that had saved him and protected him from Arthas atop Ice Crown Citadel proved impotent against the immense demon Gul’dan summoned. I can still hear his tortured cries for the Light as he fell. But even after losing Tirion, we pressed on and had gained the advantage. Victory was in sight. Varian called for the Horde archers to clear the skies, but nothing happened. As we looked to the place where they were stationed, they retreated! Looking up on that ridge, and watching the demons fill it to rain down hell upon us, it was like reliving the betrayal at the Wrathgate. I could almost hear Putress’ voice. 

Wasn't the Wrathgate enough? Wasn’t Theramore enough? How many times are we going to trust the Horde and watch as they betray us? If it wasn’t clear to everyone by now that the Horde cannot be trusted, I don’t know what more it will take. We can’t spare the strength now with the Legion at our throat, but should I survive the coming campaign, I promise you this. when it is over, the Horde will receive justice and retribution.

Varian called for a retreat, but a great Fel Reaver grabbed our airship. As I slid towards its maw, I prepared myself, knowing I would never to see you again, but Varian lept from the gunship and cut the monstrosity down, sacrificing himself to save us.

As a dwarf who once lost his own King, I know something of what the humans are going through, but we have no time for our sorrows, for now we prepare for the full Legion invasion. 

With all my love,

Theogrun Bronzebard aka Honor's Hammer

Crossroads

My Dearest Mylra,

After defeating a Legion incursion at Gadgetzan, I received news of another attack, this time at the Crossroads. I wondered if I should let the Legion just have the Crossroads. Give them Durotar and the Barrens for all I care.  I am saving Azeroth for the Alliance, not for those blood thirsty, backstabbing monsters. But, as quickly as the thought came, I knew it was wrong. We can give the Legion no quarter, not one spec of dirt on the whole of Azeroth to call their own -- even if it means saving a Horde settlement.

I fly north. May the Light and the Elements protect me.

With all my love,

Theogrun Bronzebard aka Honor's Hammer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation