Battle for Azeroth Plans (Alpha Build 26131)

By the Holy Light, did you see the new Zandalari Druid forms? I echo Rossi's sentiment.

I want this more than I’ve ever wanted anything and I forgive the Horde for every horrible war crime they’ve ever committed or ever will commit for the chance to have one of these dudes. Look at him.I am not 100% sure I’m capable of containing this much excitement and it’s probably a health hazard but I do not care.

Most of the worst things the Horde has done were under the leadership of Garrosh. My Zandalari wouldn't have been party to that. I'm sure both factions will do terrible things in Battle for Azeroth because as one of the developers said at Blizzcon,the faction conflict is "the beating heart of Warcraft." While I don't agree with this sentiment, it's not going to change.

For the Horde


I discovered a major flaw in my original plan.

I was going to level my Goblin Mage, Kishuf, from 100 to 110, unlock Nightborne/Highmountain, then level him to 120 in Battle. Along the way he'd unlock the Zandalari Allied race. Based upon the existing Allied Races, I except an involved quest chain and reputation grind.

Once I unlocked Zandalari, I would boost my new Zandalari Druid to 110, and then level to 120. I would have to do all the 110 to 120 over again with the Druid and get him caught up to wherever the Mage had been. I'd be repeating a lot of content.

Then I remembered an old Tauren Druid, the original Tivonicus. I had leveled him during the Wrath to Cataclysm content lull, and even did some Trial of the Crusader with him. He has been in Orgrimaar ever since. I could level him to 110, unlock the current Horde Allied races, and then take him to 120. Once he unlocks the Zandalari, I race change him and boom, instant Level 120 Dino Druid with gear and reputation.

I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! Let's do it! - Peter Venkman

Cataclysm


The first choice I had to make was if I was going to level him through Cataclysm or Pandaria. Both expansions had some great moments, but in the end I opted for Cataclysm. The Twilight's Hammer, who seem to be making a bit a resurgence in the new Silithus quests, are a major antagonist in Cataclysm, and it had been longer since I had seen the Cataclysm content.



I started in Mount Hyjal. The stories had a strong Druid component. You are helping the Ancients, now known as Wild gods come back into the world. In one quest, I ran into Thisalee Crow, who goes on to become one the Champions in the Druid Class Hall in Legion.

After Hyjal, I went to Deepholm to do the Stormcaller Mylra quests once again. I had forgotten how Deepholm ties into the Uldum story. The Twight's Hammer is building a waygate to connect the zones to help their forces there activate the Reorigination control at the temple. After I did both zones, some of the end game quests opened up. I helped out Thrall and got to witness his wedding to Aggra once more. At the end of my questing, I hit Level 88.

There's some weirdness. Everyone is talking about Garrosh, but the quests in Orgrimaar come from Saurafang. I'm going to finish up Cataclysm in the Twilight Highlands recruiting the Dragonmaw Orcs. Between these quests and the ones were did for the Taunka in Northrend, shouldn't those two already be Allied Races?

For the Alliance



Don't let all this Horde talk fool you. My raid team is staying Alliance, and so am I. We're now 6/11 in Heroic Antorus after taking down High Command and Imonar this week. I don't know if we'll get AotC Argus, but I'd love it if we could.

I've been with these guys for a long time. Some of them were part of my first run in the original Karazhan in Burning Crusade. Regardless of how excited I am about the Zandalari Druids, I'm not leaving the team.

Battle for Azeroth


I'm still not sure what I'm going to main for Battle. Why wouldn't I stay with Honors Hammer? We've got several people interested in tanking, and I'm open to the idea of letting someone else grab one of the tank spots. I tend to level slower than the rest of my team. If I'm not Prot, I'm not sure how much I'll want to play him. I don't enjoy Holy. This is in part because it was forced on me in the early days, but also because I don't like Light of the Martyr. Great spell from a flavor and fantasy standpoint, but I'm not a fan. I'm also not a huge fan of Ret DPS.

I've seen over and over again in Legion how much easier it is on Ranged DPS than it is on melee. If I want a character capable of Ranged DPS, and still able to tank, Druid is the only option, otherwise, I'm headed into the melee pile. I would have two max level Druids, one Horde and one Alliance. Both named Tivonicus. I'm going to have to rename one of them.

If I want a tank capable toon, and I don't worry about being melee, Paladin, Warrior, and Monk are all in the mix.



If I'm willing to give up tanking for a bit, there's the Hunter and the Shaman. I didn't like the Legion Shaman at all, and abandoned mine at level 101. The Hunter has been great fun throughout Legion. He's as well geared, if not better, than my Paladin and it's my Hunter, not my Paladin, that got the M+ 15 achievement. The changes to Survival look interesting, but I'm sure there's many iterations to come. Hunters do tend to level quick. They seem to be easy and straightforward to both play and gear. They are a popular alt class for a reason. If I'm going to try to pull off two mains, one on each side, having a class that makes a strong alt might be a good choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation