General Thoughts on Badge Rewards

Posted on Maintankadin as a way to address the many Badge Reward posts.

Any discussion of Badge rewards must start with the Libram of Repentance. It is the essential purchase for any tank looking to reach uncruhsable.

After that, it is generally accepted that the Chest, Legs, and Cloak are very strong rewards for anyone at the T5 level and below. Order of acquisition of these rewards should be prioritized on which slot of yours needs upgrading the most and which slot can be most easily filled in the instances you are running.

After those three, there is not a strong consensus on which route to go, although the Boots, and both Belts are seen as strong options that are a tier below the Chest, Legs and Cloak. For both the Boots and Belts, there are numerous non Badge rewards that are competitive with the Badge rewards in the T4 and T5 instances.

The choice of which Badge Belt should largely be made depending on your expected role. Main Tanks tend to favor the heavy defense of the Iron Tusk while OffTanks tend to favor the spell damage Protector.

The Wrist and Hands are generally seen as a tier below these although they possess stats that some Tankadins favor such as Melee Hit, and Expertise.

It is generally accepted that the Badge Helm and Shield are the most easily replaceable at the T4 level and thus are not considered strong options for spending badges.

The Block Trinket can be very powerful situationally but as a situational item, it is not seem as a priority.

As with any upgrade, carefully consider all your gear and how each item fits into your sets.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I must agree that the legs, chest, and cloak are good options. But I have to add that I've been running Kara for many months and no success on either the battlescar boots, or the Boots of elusion. I therefore decided to use my badges to purchase the boots first, after I went to the WoWcrafter website and found that my overall Stat increase was greater with the boots. I'd just like to say to that I've enjoyed your blog, and that it was your blog that gave me the drive to finally level my Pally to 70 and make him a tank. You do some great work, keep it up.
Anonymous said…
Aarogan - There seems to be pretty much of a consensus in the Tankadin community that the legs, chest, and chest come first, and then you fill the hole in your gear that needs the most help.

In my case, I've got the first three, and I've gotten the Battlescar Boots off Chess, but not the Gauntlets off Maiden, so I'm going for the badge gloves next. If I had the Maiden's gloves, I would be getting the Iron-Tusk Girdle or boots next.

Fedaykin98
Ardent Defender said…
Really appreciate the fact you made this post. Having being looking around at all the various blogs i read for a list or at least a thoughtfull approach with using Badge rewards for gear.

I'm getting to Kara so no hurries. However im now on a mission with knocking up Heroics everyday doing 2-3 Heroics a day if i can get away with it to rack up Badges. So since you posted on the suhject it will at least be helpfull now looking at things as looking at the Badge list in Shattrath it can be a bit overwhelming to look at.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation