The Ultimate Debuff

(This post has nothing to do with WoW)

I've been wanting to make this post for a while, but I've always held off. Faith and Politics are such divisive issues, especially as we approach an election in a couple of weeks.

I've always tried to take a "Hippocratic" approach to talking about my faith, meaning 'First, do no harm'. So many well meaning people have, with completely good intentions turned people off from listening to people of faith. You may be experiencing some of those emotions right now remembering a time when you encountered someone like that.

Sometimes, a lot of times actually, I wish there was another word to describe my faith.


Too many people have used my Faith to hurt people or to only further their own ends. If you've been hurt by someone who claimed to follow my faith, I want to apologize to you. I'm sorry. Not everyone who says "I'm a Christian" is truly following Christ. Not every building with the word Church on it is truly a house of God.

Know that those people will be held accountable for their actions, even if one of 'those people' was me.

Basically, each and every one of us is born with a debuff called Sin. The only way to clear the debuff on your life is to ask your Game Master to remove it. The Game Master's name is Jesus Christ. He's the only one that cast Purify or Cleanse on you to remove the debuff from your life. He loves you and WANTS to do it, all you have to do is ask him.


It doesn't matter what you've done, or haven't done. There is nothing any one of us can do that is so bad that we can not be forgiven and accepted and have the debuff removed from our life.


All you need to do is make a decision in the innermost part of yourself. If you are ready to do that, I encourage you to call 1-888-NEED-HIM.


If you have questions, my email is on the right, and there are a couple of excellent sites linked in the sidebar, specifically NotReligion and Christian Answers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Speaking as a non-Christian who is in a family of Christians, I can say that the ultimate thing that separates Christianity from other overarching belief systems is its ability to acknowledge and learn from its mistakes. Oftentimes, secular people point the finger at some dark times in Christianity's past, while turning a blind eye to some horrific things in the name of secularism. Barbarism is not a uniquely religious trait, but a human one. Good luck in 3.x and in life
Anonymous said…
Honor,
I've been reading your blog for a long time now (love it btw...always read the big blue donut posts on tankadin just to see what else you're thinking =)) but this is the first time I've posted a comment.

Just wanted to say how much I respect you for this post. I know how hard it can be to talk about your faith. Keep up the good work, both in WoW and in your example as a brother in Christ.
Adlib said…
Awesome post. Ya know, I stumbled onto your site from Blizzard's WoW site in the guides section when I briefly rolled a paladin (and wanted to kill myself shortly thereafter). Even though I've made my druid my primary alt, I have your blog on my feed page. I'm really glad you made this post. There were some inklings that made me think we shared more than just a love of WoW, and I just wanted to say how encouraging it is to read your blog and this post in particular.

As azrak said, keep up the good work!
Anonymous said…
First WoW references for a Christian faith post... that's one I haven't seen before, and it was (as i hope it was meant to be) amusing. As a christian I Of course respect your beliefs, but i have to ask.... did this have anything to do with the election?
Anonymous said…
I agree with the above, good post. Letting people know you're religious is one thing...opening up about it is another. You should see some of the kinds of reactions you get when you tell someone you're Catholic :P
Anonymous said…
Just agreeing with Azrak. I, for one, share your faith and I appreciate how you share it with others.
WoW + Jesus = Ultimate Happiness!
Seriously, love your blog, and this is a really cool way to reach others.
Anonymous said…
It appears that many positive comments have been posted in response to this article, so perhaps I am in the minority, but I don't feel that this article was truly appropriate. You have an excellent wealth of Paladin Tanking knowledge available, many people have been visiting your site for he excellent information you provide. However, they come here for WOW and Paladin related information, not religious commentary. I feel that overtly christian messages are out of place here and would be better suited to a blog that is about you personally. I respect your beliefs and your faith, but here is not the place to display them :)
I realize you will be tempted to remove this comment, but remember that all sides should be heard!
Keep up the great World of Warcraft work!
Honors Code said…
Pretty much the only reason I moderated comments was to eliminate spam. I think I've deleted maybe a half dozen comments total in the year plus I've run the blog.

Your views are noted, and I think understand how you feel.

As to whether or not there will be another overtly Christian post on the blog, only time will tell.
Anonymous said…
Its been said already, but that was a great post. It really takes guts to do that sort of thing. But its true that if we honour God He will honour us. Its also nice to find a fellow christian playing WoW. Keep it up :)
Unknown said…
Just recently rolled a Pally (24 now) and stumbled across your blog trying to absorb your knowledge when I came across this entry.
Kudos, props, and blessings for posting this! It takes guts to step out like that.
While we may have the "Ultimate Debuff", He has the "Ultimate Cleanse" once you click "Accept". You'll still keep running around with the debuff, but it doesn't DoT as hard anymore, and you know that some day it'll be gone!

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation