If It's In The Game, It's Not On the PC

(This post has nothing to do with WoW.)

When I'm not running around Outland and Azeroth righting wrongs and slaying evil doers, and Horde, I consider myself a pretty big professional (American) football fan. One of the annual events I look forward to is the release of the new Madden game to play during season.

Somewhere in their infinite wisdom the knuckleheads who run EA sports have decided to not make a version of Madden 2009 for the PC.
I think EA has made a very poor decisions, but I'm basically powerless to change it. No one from EA will ever read my blog and they had to know they would upset thousands of PC Gamers with this decision and decided it was 'just good business' to do it anyway. EA has said in so many words, 'We don't care about our former PC Gamer customers.'
Basically I am disappointed, and mad and I can't do a thing about it.

So putting aside what I can not control, I must concentrate on those things I can control.
Which leaves me with something of a conundrum.

Option A: I could buy a cheap PS2 and buy the new Madden. EA wins, and gets my money, plus I'm out the cost of the console.

Option B: I could buy an expensive XBox 360 or PS3 and buy the new Madden. EA wins, and gets my money, and I'm out even more money, but I have a nice new console (I am currently without console). Getting Mrs. Hammer to sign off on this would take some serious negotiation.

Option C: I could update my Madden 07 to Madden 08, and try to update the rosters to the new season. EA still wins, and gets my money.

Option D: I just play Madden 07 and don't worry about the rosters. EA doesn't get any more of my money, but I don't get as much enjoyment from the game. I really like having very up to date rosters, but I don't have the time to catch up the rosters.

Option E: Forget Madden exists and level up a new alt.

Comments

Shwitz44 said…
I said "f!ck EA" a few years back when they acquired exclusive NFL rights. I don't own a next gen console, and have resisted buying one thus far. I've been getting by with Madden 2005 for PS2, the last version I've purchased (Eli's rookie year!).

However, I might be buying myself a console this winter for Star Wars: Force Unleashed... at that point it's not a question of whether to buy Madden, it's "what console will it be for?"

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation