Theme Song

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but this was a Blog Azeroth shared topic.

"What would be the theme song for your toon? "

I thought about it, and while I had a couple of ideas ultimately, I went with "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsvqVmFV6Y)

I think this comes out of the time when I was still struggling with tanking, and felt the need to prove myself to every Druid, Warrior, and Boss going. It was a time when few believed in Paladin tanks and comments like "Paladins can't tank 25 man raids" were common.

Ultimately, I didn't listen to them.

Here's a short except of some of the lyrics.


Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again.
"Boy you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me


I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

I would like to suggest Holy by Nicole Nordeman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZp21ITMRBw ) for Shia at Banana Shoulders. I think it fits.

Comments

Boozsha said…
Thanks for sharing, it has been a rough week, and seeing the youtube casting crows video helped.
Anonymous said…
Great song pick. Here I was thinking I was the only WoW player who listens to Casting Crowns. Glad to know I was wrong.

If you do not have there newest CD (The Alter and the Door) it has one of my favorite songs currently, it is called East to West. Great song with easy to relate to lyrics if you listen to this kind of music.
Anonymous said…
nice lyrics, i prefer more human than human:)

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation