It's A Bonus

We still had some time left, so we decided to head over to Sunwell. My goal had always been Illidan so anything in Sunwell would be pure gravy at this point. Dominion had been in Sunwell Monday night while I was offline.

Sunwell Plateau is very similar to Magister’s Terrace. The art team really outdid itself and the place is just beautiful. There is a ton of trash to wade through to get to the first boss, Kalecgos.

During the trash I was usually tanking a Vindicator. This is a melee mob who hits decently hard and it was pretty easy to tank. As we explored Sunwell, people in the raid started asking about the various things going on, like who Avenna was, and I was happy to explain. Someone suggested that I need to get my LoreMaster title. I’m not entirely sure it was meant as a compliment.

Next thing you know, I’m staring down a big ole dragon. They had already made attempts on Kalecgos with Vlad/Kee/Cuch tanking so I tried to stay out of the way and be a backup.

The Kalecgos fights starts out with everyone fighting the dragon, but soon you learn there is more to this fight than meets the eye. See Kalecgos is really a good guy (kind of like Akama) but he’s being possessed by a Demon named Sathrovarr the Corrupter. After a couple of seconds someone in the raid gets teleported to Sathrovarr’s realm. Then a couple of portals spawn and designated people have to use the portals and go help fight Sathrovarr. Sathrovarr is fighting the human form of Kalecgos. He can fight Sathrovarr for a little bit but you really need one of your tanks on the Demon. If Kalecgos goes down to Sathrovarr, the encounter ends. /que Price Is Right 'you lose' music.

It’s a bit tricky coorindating the raid so you always have enough people, and the right people (tanks, healers, dps) ‘upstairs’ with the Dragon and ‘downstairs’ with the Demon.

After you hang out in Sathrovarr’s pad for a minute you get yanked back topside with a debuff that prevents you from going back to the party downstairs for one minute.

The fight has an Opera (Romeo and Juliet) feel to it because you have to kill both the demon and the dragon at about the same time.

It ended up that I was needed in my back up role. During each attempt at Kalecgos, I was asked to taunt off either another tank or the Human form of Kalecgos. We wiped 3 or 4 times, but we eventually got him.

I passed on the Tier 6 Bracers, and they went to Chief. Yeah!

So then we clear to Brutallus. By this point it’s getting late, so we don’t have much time. This was the first time we had ever been to Brutallus. We watched the cut scene between Brutallus and the Blue Dragon, Madrigosa. Very, very cool.

The raid leader set up tanks. Kee, our Main Tank and herself were the two tanks for Brutallus. She never really addressed me. I was waiting for the 'offheal' command, but it never came so I hung out with the melee dpsers.

Generally, when Dominion reaches any fight the tanking positions are assigned with Kee as the first tank, Vlad as the second tank and myself as a third tank, if needed.

The fight was over quickly as Kee was burst down and we wiped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation