Spending Conquest Badges as a 10 Man Raider

I hope no one has the delusion that just because I write a blog I have everything figured out. I don't. I read alot, but still struggle with decisions all the time.

My current pondering is what to do with my Emblems of Conquest. As you may know, my guild raids 10 mans only. We've gotten some Conquest through Emalon PuGs, but the Alliance having Wintergrasp is a rare occasion on my server. Then you have to hope you luck into a decent PuG that can down him, even nerfed. Most of our Emblems of Conquest come through various Hard Modes we do. But sometimes we don't get the right people on for Hard Modes and can't do them.

I'm not complaining mind you. I'm just trying to explain that that for my entire raid group the Conquests badges don't come quickly.

I've currently got 19 EoC, exactly enough to buy the neck piece : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45821.

BUT I could also save up for Tier Pieces I'll likely never see like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45632 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45638, but man, 58 EoC will take forever.

There's also gloves http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45834 for 28, a Belt for 28 EoC http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45825, and some less than impressive Legs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45842 for 39 EoC.

I could also use them to buy Runed Orbs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45087, to get the Blacksmith crafted Boots and Belt made, but I've only got enough to buy 1 Orb and those recipies take 6 each.

I know these badges will drop like candy next patch, but I'm trying to decide what to do with them today. Next patch will have a whole new set of gear for me to chase.

I'm tempted just to buy the Neck and deal with it from there since I'm still wearing Heritage.

Comments

Rhidach said…
I'm usually a big fan of saving up for the most expensive item, but if your emblems inflow is low you might as well go for the neck piece.

The price of orbs is coming down on my server (so I'm going to brashly extrapolate that out to all the others as well) making them pretty affordable and probably not worth spending emblems on.

Go for what will give you the best stat boost in the shortest time possible since in a month or so we'll have more badges than we know what to do with.
Molsan said…
I would go ahead and grab the Shard of the Crystal Forest. That's almost equivalent to the Naxx25 neckpiece that drops off KT (Boundless Ambition).
Elleiras said…
I'd suggest purchasing the neck now if it's a solid upgrade. Once 3.2 is live, Emblems of Conquest will fall like rain, and you'll end up with everything else you could possibly want from them in relatively short order.
Unknown said…
I used cash to buy Runed Orbs on the AH. I'm a 10-man raider, and the tank boots beat anything I'm likely to get until the next patch.

It was expensive, but runed orbs are getting cheaper over time.

Badges are meant to be spent - I'd go ahead and buy the necklace.
Gravity said…
I can totally relate, I'm in a U-10 guild too. I have no idea what to do with my Conquests either :).
claisa said…
Was in the exact same situation as you last night, slowly farmed conquest badges from Flame leviathan and Emalaon, with our 10 man team and pugs. Had heritage.

Bought necklace last night.
Doogiehowser said…
I know it's probably a couple months away, but in 3.2, all heroics and Naxx will drop Conquest badges so your inflow of badges should theoretically jump up quite a bit.

I know T9 will be coming out and could make some pieces less desirable, but it might be wise to compare those T9 pieces with what you can get with the Conquest badges and see if there is a "superior" piece from the Conquest badges.
apokteino said…
basically... you need a 25 man guild! = P i've gotten the head, shoulder, and something like 5runed orbs (which i sold for ridiculous prices!). if i were in your position i'd probably go ahead and get the neck. if it has taken you this long to get 19 it will still take you a while to get the rest. and everyone is right... 3.2 = runed orbs being cheap. you can get everything then. just my thought!
Thorned said…
Its the progress today that you want, isn't it?
Than gear for today Honors :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation