Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shaman Versus Druid

This is a post talking about my next alt to 80. My highest Horde is level 51. I've never seen Outland or Northrend from the Horde perspective, and I'd like to see the other side before Cataclysm comes out.

This is not a post asking what I should level up. I've taken my own advice and leveled up both of these classes to the 30s. Now I need to decide which one I take up next.

Basically, I've made a list of Pros and Cons about each class. What I'd like to see if you have anything you think I should add to the list.

I've taken some of the comments and added them to my list.

Shaman

Pros
Versitale (Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Heal)
Dual Weild (apparently only melee)
Windfury
Interupt - 25 yards and off the global cooldown, 6 sec cd
Bloodlust/Heroism
Can use Shields, and shields look cool

Cons
Lost 4 bag spaces to Totems (apparently goes away at 30)
Limited instant casts Heals
not much mobility for resto/elemental
totems can be great or annoying depending (did the new totem changes, dropping all 4 at once help?)


Druid

Pros
Stealth
Can basically do everything (Tank, Heal, Melee, Ranged)
Flight Form
Cyclone
Better for PVP

Cons
Limited interrupt (long cooldown or requires combo points)
Forms - you get one look per spec and it doesn't change based on gear
You rarely see your gear - Is this because they are limited to Leather?
too "spammy." My mangle finger literally hurts after an hour or so on my feral! I hated that on my Warrior with Cleave/Heroic Strike
Post a Comment