Friday, January 30, 2009

To Do Is To Done

1. Buy Libram of Obstruction
2. Buy Plantium Mesh Cloak
3. Enchant Cloak with Titanweave
4. Hope to get an invite to Naxx-25


I logged on and banged out a Heroic Vault of Archavon run. Then I ran over to the Badge Vendors and bought the Libram of Obstruction and the Plantium Mesh Cloak. I found a Guild enchanter and slapped Titanweave on that bad boy. Then I whispered the raid leader that I was available.


Badaboom, badabing. Invite. Thank you, very much.

We had a pretty good run through Naxx25, and knocked out Construct, Military and Spider. I was offtanking most of the night and it was something of a relief to have our regular Main Tank handling the pulls. I could pull my mob off and go to town. For Tanks it was me (Tankadin), a Warrior, and two Feral Druids.

I am still amazed by the threat generation that Ferals can put out, and the seeming invincibility of our very geared Warrior.

I got a chance to tank Baron Rivendare for Four Horsemen. I actually tanked his level 60 form during a Strath run. This was right after the Burning Crusade talents had been released, but before Outland had been opened. This was a little different of course. I had a single Resto Druid assigned to heal me, and he did a great job. We burned down the first horsemen, then the Warrior came over and taunted Rivendare off of me. I ran to the middle to let my stack of Mark of Rivendare fall off, and helped out on the last two horsemen.

For most of the night, the loot followed a particular pattern, Cloth, Mail or Leather and Spell Power Plate.

We did have two Defender's Codes drop. I tried very hard to not let 'purple blind the eye' as I looked at it.

My current Trinkets are Figurine: Monarch Crab, and Sonic Booster. I think that I'd rather have the Valor Medal of the First War rather than Defender's Code. Armor (from Defender's Code) would be nice, but I'd like to increase my avoidance a bit more. 20% Dodge just isn't going to cut it. I think Defender's Code was meant for Druids before the Armor nerf. If I understand it correctly, Druids don't get to apply the Bear Form Armor bonus to armor from Trinkets, Rings, and Necks.

I was fortunate to snag the Bindings of Hapless Prey from Maexxna. They were a guargantuan upgrade to my Tempered Saronite Bracers.

The bracer upgrade brought me up to 28.2k hit points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imho Defender's Code is still a Druid trinket. I would far rather have the Valor Medal you mentioned or Repelling Charge (which is the anti-Druid trinket - I half think they designed them as yin and yang).

Grats on the bracers and checking off your to-do! Over 28k unbuffed is some good!

Fedaykin98