Green Thumb

Last night our guild ran Botanica. It was another really good run. The group was me (Prot Pally), Ferth (Fury Warrior), Zadorr (Feral Druid), Sticker (Fire Mage), and Baconstrip (Resto Druid).

We only had real trouble with the 3rd boss (The Tenderer). He's the oneo who does a Hellfire and also periodically sacrifices people (and wipes his aggro). A couple of times, Bacon would get a heal off or Sticker would land a Scorch just after he wiped his aggro. I should have brought some Fire Resist pots since I have almost no Fire Resist gear.

I was much better chugging potions anytime I got low. I figured I'd err on the side of drinking too often versus causing a wipe.

It's amazing how much things have changed since I went to more a spell damage build in my gear. My guildmates have been very impressed with my ability to hold aggro. I'm still uncrittable in my gear, but my hit points are little lower than I'd like them to be (about 8500 unbuffed). However, with Kings, Mark, and Commanding Shout I was still able to get over 11000.

One of the things I like about being a tank is that I can take hits. It never ceases to amaze me that I was standing there infront of this big ugly taking hit after hit and then see him pretty much one/two shot anyone else.

Of course Laj did not drop the Paladin shoulders, but I did get my Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard from completing the Arcatraz key quest. It's the best pre-Kara tanking waist I can get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation