Northrend & Raiding

At Blizzcon, Blizzard announced the next expansion Wrath of the Lich King. Now no one knows when it will be released but I have to say I took the news with mixed feelings.

I'm not sure I'm ready for another expansion just yet. There's still alot of tBC I haven't explored. Plus, I see Arthas as just another 25 man Raid Boss that I'll never see.

My big concern is that Blizzard will hold off on any more adjustments to Paladin tanking until the expansion. There is still a rigid hierarchy of tanks. We can get the job done now, so we are miles ahead of where we were pre BC. I'm very fortunate to be in a guild that accepts Paladin tanks.

Speaking of my guilds (segway for the win), it looks like my Raid Team concept has got some legs. This is a fundamental change to the way my guild has approached raiding. Essentially, I'm being put into an XO type position in the guild, kind of a VP of PVE Raiding. The offical decision won't be made until Monday, but /magic8ball says All Signs Point to Yes.

So I've been giving a lot of thought to how I'm actually going to pull this off. I think I've got many of the issues settled in my head.

I'm still noodling on a couple things.

Healers. How do I get and retain Healers. No healers, no raid. We've already had a Moonkin go nearly full time healing just to have healers for our Kara runs.

They're job is really tough and they have a very hard time when not in a group. I want to make my Team's healers feel really appreciated, and try to prevent them from "burning out".

Fun. That's why we play the game right? Downing a boss is fun, but alot of the stuff you have to do to down that boss is not. We are looking at taking a bit more serious approach to raiding. How do we do that and not lose the fun.

Comments

Unknown said…
Since the guild needs more healing than dps, I have dedicated most of my play time leveling my druid, Loreb, instead of Robella (she is behind the guild with keying anyways). Of course, I am way off from being able to help the guild right now but hopefully I can level Loreb quickly. I have a good amount of experience with playing a druid (leveled a tauren druid on another server almost to 60 a long time ago). I did spend a lot of time in BGs and groups and enjoyed the healing aspect. Hopefully I will be able to help the guild in the coming months.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation