For Narnia!!!


[Please note that this post has nothing at all to do with WoW, Paladins, Tanking, or Epic Loot]

I went and saw Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian with a group of friends over the weekend.
I'm a huge fan of C.S. Lewis' writings, both fiction and non-fiction. In fact my #1 favorite book is a non fiction book written by C.S. Lewis, and I really enjoyed Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe when it was released.
So you can imagine I was really looking forward to see the movie.
There were some changes made to Prince Caspian from the book to adapt it for the movie, but the essence of the story was the same. How easy it was to fall in love again with Reepicheep, the valiant mouse. Some of the lines they gave him were priceless.
We first meet him when he saves Prince Caspian
Reepicheep: Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine. (Telmarines are the bad guys)
Prince Caspian: You are a mouse.
Reepicheep: I was hoping for something a little more original.
Then later in a battle with the Telmarines.
Telmarine Soldier Killed by Reepicheep: You're a mouse.
Reepicheep: You people have no imagination!
Everyone in my little group of friends that went enjoyed it thoroughly. It was fun. I give it my highest recommendation.
I really only have a couple of criteria for a movie.
A) Did it leave me wanting more? Basically do I want to go back to that world again, travel with these characters again, and experience new stories.
B) Would I go on that ride again? Basically do I want to see the movie again?
On both counts Prince Caspian receives a resounding YES! I'd love to see it again, and I can't wait for the next Chronicles of Narnia movie! Someone in my circle commented they'd love to live in Narnia, and I have to agree, for a fantasy world, I wouldn't mind making my home there.
I may have to make a macro for my Paladin and my Warrior that yells "FOR NARNIA!" as he charges into battle.

Comments

Anonymous said…
the makers of Prince Caspian kept to the original story in some ways and strayed in others... i heard they were going to make it into a silly pure-action flick, but thankfully this was not the case

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation