Smooth As Butter On A Bald Monkey

There is no better phrase to sum up last night's Dominion raid on Mount Hyjal, other than to say it was as smooth as butter on a bald monkey. The phrase comes from a show called Veggie Tales which I highly recommend. It's aimed at children in the 6 to 10 years old age bracket, and it has enough humor and lovable characters to keep the parents entertained as well.

One of the staples of Veggie Tales is their Silly Songs With Larry. The following is an excerpt from the Silly Song song called "Dance of the Cucumber", where I got the phrase. They wanted the song to rhyme in Spainish which made for some "interesting" lyrics. The link will take you to a page where you can listen to a 30 sec snippet of the song.


Narrator: "Larry will be performing the traditional Argentinian ballad,
'The Dance of the Cucumber,' in it's original Spanish. Bob the Tomato
will translate."

Bob: "Watch the cucumber"
Larry: "sus suaves movimientos"
Bob: "Oh, how smooth his motion"
Larry: "tal como mantequilla"
Bob: "like butter"
Larry: "en un chango pelon."
Bob: "on a ... bald monkey."
Larry: "Miren al pepino"
Bob: "Look at the cucumber"
Larry: "los vegetales"
Bob: "all the vegetables"
Larry: "envidian a su amigo"
Bob: "envy their friend"
Larry: "como el quieren bialar"
Bob: "wishing to dance as he"
Larry: "Pepino bailarin, pepino bailarin, pepino bailarin"
Bob: "Dancing cucumber, dancing cucumber, dancing cucumber"
Larry: "Baila, baila, ya!"
Bob: "Dance, dance, yeah!"


Everyone in our raid, save one new Druid (Welcome to the Raid, Icarus), knew the fights, knew their role and executed. After the struggles we had had the previous night, it felt really good to go in there and really own the place. 4 lieutenants of the Burning Legion marched into Hyjal to test Dominion, and each was sent back to Kil'Jaden in a body bag.

The only thing that would have made the night better would have been if Kaz'Rogal had dropped the Hardened Heart. I'm not going to worry about it. If I have to face down Illidan with my beloved Aldori Legacy Defender, I can handle that. I'm glad they are making Pets and Mounts not take up bag space in Wrath. I'm going to need plenty for some of my nostalgia gear like ALD.

I owe a big "Thank You!" to our Guild and specifically our Guild Leader. Because my wonderful guild mates have been so generous with donations, we can now repair on the bank, and we are being given Flasks and Food before our raids. This is saving Honors some big expenses.

This turn of events, coupled with the fantastic improvements I've seen for Paladins in Wrath has caused Honors to break out his fishing pole again. I'm going to finish the grind up to 375 Fishing and start catching Fish to cook up for our raids.

We even had time to make some really solid attempts at Archimonde. I respected Holy again because I would really like to see this guy die, at least once. So if you Armory me, and see me Holy don't panic. I hope this is the last fight I'll have to be Holy for.


I did much better on my Tear and never 'cratered'. Group 5 was still in the same position. It seems like we get very little warning on the fires over there, but I only got a Doomfire maybe 1 time.

On a couple of attempts I would separated from my group by a fear and then see a line of Fire between myself and them.

Despite all the challenges, I never died until we wiped.

Our group had to run out many times during our attempts, so my showing on the healing meters wasn't where I'd like it to be, but I don't know that the Healing Meter will tell you the whole story on a fight like Archimonde. I don't take gear, other than tanking gear, unless it's about to be disenchanted. I don't even have any Tier healing gear. I do the best I can with what I have.


Our best attempt on Archimonde got him down to 19% when our Main Tank's latency went crazy and he missed a stance dance. He went out of range of our healers and we lost him. We were really doing well, and I thought for sure we'd get him, but we ran out of time.

I hope everyone comes to the raid tonight with the same preparation, organization and awareness. Archimonde dies tonight, oh yes, he will die tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation