Zul'Aman Cleared!

Friday night, we went Trick or Treating with Little Hammer. After we got home and put her to bed, I decided to log into WoW for a little bit.

When I logged in, I got an invited to a Zul’Aman group.

This group was unique in that the tanks were both going to be Protection Paladins, myself and Leejenkins (aka Raistilan/Dotslover) from Mal Katai.

With two Protection Paladins, I was able to do some of the tanking jobs that I normally would have given my Warrior or Druid offtank. I actually was tanking Dragonhawk while Leejenkins handled the adds. Then I got a chance to tank Lynx Boss instead of the Spirit Lynx.

In a first for ole Honorshammer, we managed to get all 4 timers. I would later learn this was pretty normal for this group (at least post Patch 3.0.2).

After the timers were down, we went and killed Hex Lord and his cronies, and then faced down Zul’jin. I found tanking Zul’jin much easier since I had gotten a chance to tank him previously. I still had a little trouble during Phase 3 (Eagle Phase). My Tornado dodging skills need a little work.

It was a fairly quick and painless run, and I had a lot of fun. I really wanted to complete a full clear of Zul’Aman before the Expansion, so it was very nice to get that done.

No loot to speak of. I have never seen the Bulwark of the Amani Empire drop. It would have been nice to get a Cleaver of the Unforgiving off Zul’jin as a new tank weapon but my eyes are already set on a Hammer of Quiet Mourning (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44734) which I’ll pick up around 75 in Zul’Dark from doing the quest Wanted: Ragemane’s Flipper (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?quest=12857).

Beta has become something of a ghost town lately as most people are back on their ‘live’ toons and working on various achievements or back into Raiding.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, I've been curious but I haven't been able to find it anywhere, what's in the 4th timed chest if it isn't the bear mount anymore?
Honors Code said…
It shares the loot table with the 3rd Timed Chest.

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation