Race Change!




When I came back to World of Warcraft from Star Wars The Old Republic, I switched servers to join some old raiding buddies. In the process, I race changed my Paladin to a Tauren. 

This is something I had always wanted to do, but by the time they announced Sunwalkers, SWTOR was already in my thinking and I didn't see the point in putting money into a game I was getting ready to leave. Then my guild switched to Alliance midway through Firelands, and I changed to playing my Hunter as my main and it simply wasn't an option anymore.

I much preferred the SunWalker take on the Paladin as sun powered druids over the Blood Elves sucking dry a Naaru. I leveled through 85 to 90 as a Tauren and even did the first couple of raid nights. I had reclaimed my spot in the tanking corps, and when you are Horde, Tauren means Tank.

But as we started raiding, I noticed I was having more trouble than usuals. I wasn't sure if it was age starting to catch up with me, or what. The Tauren model is big, really big. He eats up a good deal of screen real estate. His size also makes him feel ponderous and slow. The final straw was my transmog gear, especially my beloved Tier 6, looked awful on him.

I decided to go back to a Blood Elf. 

 I really wish Blizzard had done more to update the lore on the Blood Knights in the wake of the events at the Sunwell. But from what I've gathered, Blood Knights are now powered by the Sunwell directly. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of role Lor'themar takes in the lore as we move through the expansion.

I've been very happy with the decision. The Blood Elf model looks great (of course it would!) and almost immediately I felt my performance improving in our raids.


Comments

Wookie7 said…
Sigh...I miss the dwarf.
Unknown said…
You know, I do too sometimes.

I'm playing with my friends and we've been together since the Karazhan days. About mid-way through Wrath, they went Horde and I went with them.

We have a great time together raiding, or running 5 mans or making side bets in LFR. This is a great group to run with. They let me take my time, but still get serious about downing bosses (when the attendance boss doesn't bite us).

Now if my team (which operates sort of like a guild within a guild) ever broke up and they left the game, I would have to find a new group and I'd look hard for a team with the Alliance.

But for now, there's no where I'd rather be than with my team killing the internet dragons. If that means I have to be Horde, so be it.
Anonymous said…
... I have been reading this blog since 2007. I actually was a paladin tank back then, and there after because of what i read and learned here. I can no longer play WoW seriously, and haven't in well over 2 years, due to school. But I continue to come here to experience, at a very small degree, the fulfillment of standing toe to toe against a monster and hear about the unique struggles that can only be understood by another tank.

Keep the stories coming, as they are very entertaining 3AM study break.

-Superconqui
Anonymous said…
HH, I fully agree. You've made the right choices in my book. Then again, despite many of my friends pointing out their 'awesome transmogs' on their tauren pallies, mine is still belf! It took a long time to get enough of my ally friends to xfer / level another toon on Horde side, but sure enough, they are thoroughly enjoying it. I presume the same would be true if it was going the other direction.

I think the (still) most disconcerting part of playing a belf after the ally pallies (still playing them!), is that the belf insists on standing sideways which always makes me wonder if mobs are bypassing his dodge!

Let's face it though - all those sunwalkers do look the part of the immovable buttress ... but we have way better hair! Way better! Far more stylish tanks!

-Ironhelm/Beartooth
Anonymous said…
Lisa's motivation stemmed from her acceptance that she is addicted to food and needed a tool to supplement diet and fitness, she told Dr. Mehmet Oz on his October 3 talk show. The result: Lisa underwent gastric sleeve surgery. I tried every single thing imaginable diet, exercise," Lisa explained to Dr. Oz. From age 18 to age 50, Lisa struggled with her weight until she decided to undergo the procedure. But both Lisa and Dr. Oz emphasize that weight loss surgery isn't fοr everyone.

The proсedurе decгeased the size of Lіsa's stomach to limit the amount of food she can eat. Lisa resorted to surgery only after she had "tried everything on the planet." pure green coffee extract Truth about LaxativesMany people live with the misconception that laxatives help weight loss and even recommend them to their friends. However, the truth bitter truth for some! is that all laxatives do is cause the body to lose fluid. The diarrhea conduced by laxative intake result in loss of large amounts of water from the body. This loss of water features low body weight when measured, which is why people tend to believe they have not gained any weight. But the underlying truth is that the few lost ounces of weight is made up by the body within the next 48 hours or whenever water is made available, thus nullifying the weight loss effect. However, there are some cheeky people who try to outwit the body system by refusing to drink liquids. Such people are vulnerable to dehydration, leading to irregular heartbeats, fainting spells and even death in some cases. As far as the calorie part is concerned, people who think that calories exit the body along with the water, are in for a surprise! By the time food reaches the colon, which is a part of the large intestine, calorie absorption has already taken place. What is exiting is essential minerals, water and unwanted food. Which means laxatives are not helping reduce the right body weight, not to mention that the weight lost is just a temporary phenomenon.

pure green coffee bean extract 800 mg Volunteers in a comparison group were asked to attend group meetings -- focusing on nutrition, physical activity and support -- three times a year.
Feel free to surf my webpage Http://Greenbeancoffeenow.Com/

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation