Shaman Pros and Cons

This week, I'm going to do a post on what I see as the pros and cons of each class I'm currently considering as my new main. Under some points, you'll see a counterpoint to that pro or con.

Here's your chance to make the case that I should join your class family. Tweet at me @honorshammer or leave a comment.

I'm going in alphabetical order. Today, the Shaman.



Shamans Pros
  • I love all the aesthetics. I love the lightning for DPS, the water for heals, and even a little fire thrown in for flavor. The new elemental models are beautiful.
  • Shaman sort of kind of gets a pet with every spec having Earth Elemental.
  • Shaman can shapeshift into a Raptor with a glyph to Ghost Wolf.
  • I don't think anyone else is planing on playing a Shaman in our group.
    • This shouldn't matter.
  • Shaman NPCs are awesome. There's a guy in the Exodar scenario with the fist weapons from the Hyjal raid who looks wicked cool and I've loved Myrla Stormcaller since Cataclysm.
    • The fist weapons are rare drops I might never see.
  • Shaman brings Bloodlust/Hero.
    • But Drums exists.
Shaman Cons
  • Neither Elemental nor Enhancement are looking great on Beta.
    • Beta's not over, "numbers" pass hasn't happened yet
  • Enhancement Shamans have to talent their gap closer (Feral Lunge).
  • I would need to transfer him from Tanaris to Blade's Edge.
  • Shamans require a different flask to go from melee spec to Ranged spec. 
    • How often would I really have to do that?
  • I'm not excited about Elemental's "turret" playstyle 
    • How often would I be Elemental?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation